If you haven’t yet, have a short look at VG_ExternalControllerManager on the purpose of a VG_ExternalController.
This is an external controller class that supports any SteamVR/OpenVR controller as an external controller. Examples are the Valve Knuckles controller or also the Oculus Touch controllers. Note that SteamVR only supports Windows, there is no Android support for SteamVR.
The following requirements have to be met to be able to use this controller:
- You have Steam and the corresponding SteamVR SDK installed on your computer.
- You have the SteamVR Unity plugin imported into your Unity project.
- You have OpenVR Loader selected in Unity XR Management Project Settings.
Finally, you can use the “Steam Hand” option to AutoSetup your VG configuration. For this controller, AutoSetup
- will set “External” to “SteamHand”
- will set “FingerControlType” to “BY_SENSOR_FULL_DOFS”
- will set “Origin” to the transform called “XRRig”
- will set “Offset” values to rotation (175f, 160f, 210f) and position (-0.06f, -0.1f, -0.01f).
All finger bones are mapped.
Will be controlled through Valve.VR controller system, such as SteamVR_Action_Skeleton.
will be controlled through the finger configuration (i.e. their state of bending).