If you haven’t yet, have a short look at VG_ExternalControllerManager on the purpose of a VG_ExternalController.
This is an external controller class that supports the Oculus Finger Tracking controller as an external controller.
The following requirements have to be met to be able to use this controller:
- You have the Oculus SDK installed on your computer.
- You have the Oculus Integration Plugin imported into your Unity project.
- You have the same Oculus Integration plugin version as the one on your headset and the Oculus App.
You have setup the AndroidManifest.xml properly, i.e. it needs to include
\<uses-permission android:name="com.oculus.permission.HAND_TRACKING" /\> \<uses-feature android:name="oculus.software.handtracking" android:required="false" /\>
Finally, you can use the “OCULUS_FT” option to AutoSetup your VG configuration. For this controller, AutoSetup
- will set “External” to “OculusHand”
- will set “FingerControlType” to “BY_SENSOR_FULL_DOFS”
- will set “Origin” to the transform called “XRRig”
- will set all “Offset” values to 0.
All finger bones are mapped.
Will be controlled through OVR controller system, such as OVRPlugin.Skeleton.
will be controlled through the finger configuration (i.e. their state of bending).