If you haven’t yet, have a short look at VG_ExternalControllerManager on the purpose of a VG_ExternalController.
This is an external controller class that supports the LeapMotion controller as an external controller.
The following requirements have to be met to be able to use this controller:
- You have a Core Assets plugin imported into your Unity project.
- Note that Core Assets > 4.4.0 are for LeapMotion SDK 4 or higher, and the older Core Assets are for LeapMotion SDK 3 (lastest CA 4.3.4).
- You have the corresponding LeapMotion SDK installed on your computer.
Finally, you can use the “Leap Hand” option to AutoSetup your VG configuration.
For this controller, AutoSetup
- will set “External” to “LeapHand”
- will set “FingerControlType” to “BY_SENSOR_FULL_DOFS”
- will set “Origin” to the transform called “VR_LeapOriginExt”
All finger bones are mapped.
Will be controlled through Leap controller system, such as Leap.Fingers.Bones.
Will be controlled through Leap controller system, such as Leap.Hand.GrabStrength.